Friday, September 19, 2008

Schwinn Ridge AL Men's Mountain Bike Review

My wife and I purchased this bike and the "women's versions" of this bike together as a Christmas gift to one another. First, I am 37 years-old and disabled. I needed a bike that is light, yet strong enough to handle my 250lb + frame. Well, this bike is light due to all the aluminum parts that make up the bike and it is the aluminum that gives the bike it strength as well. The bike was a breeze to unpack and set up. Once again, I am disabled, I do not have the strength to manipulate cumbersome items... and this truly was not a cumbersome task! One hour tops from UPS Truck to being able to ride it up my street and back. During the easy and very short set up process, I had time to admire the welds and other artisanship details... I found no flaws. The bike was put together well at the factory. There were no scratches from the assembly line. The welds appear uniform (which is an excellent sign of a good weld). If I have one complaint, it would be the seat... Oh my gosh, that seat! Like I said earlier, I am 37 years old and 250lb +, the seat on this bike is not meant for a large buttock as mine! I think a vertical "Wiffle Ball Bat" would have been more comfortable than this wedge of a seat. I was one bump away from a Proctologist appointment! I am going to remove the seat and install one of those "farm tracker seats"... you know, the ones with the giant coil springs under the copious amount of foam covered in heavy duty 'all weather' fake leather covering! Yea, the Schwinn seat has to go!

No comments: